Thursday, October 29, 2015

It's been a while old friend

It's been a while my friend since I last sat down and wrote to you
How have you been? 
Is this too generic a way to start a conversation with someone I bared my soul to?

I know it's been a while since I scratched at your door needing to just blurt everything out
It's been a while since my words flowed without being edited, amended or stripped down to its raw form.
But you see, old friend, I have been caught up in life... 
I have moved to a new place since we last spoke, and yes it's been going well.
It's hectic at times, lonely at others, and then in those pockets of reflections I feel an overwhelming sense of accomplishment...

You see my dear, I have put aside everything we used to talk about to pave way for what I worked hard for... I talk now of opportunity costs, rather than moments lost. 
I know that one day I will turn to you in need of your soothing touch... 

But for now just dropping by to say hello... I promise to stay in touch and never let you go.

No comments:

The Cee

My photo
Writing is a vehicle of expression, not impression.