Sunday, October 21, 2012

Letter to my unborn...


Letter to my unborn...

I am afraid to bring you into this dark world where even man is afraid of the light. I am afraid to bring you into an age of dissonance to bring you into a life filled with strife and bloodshed where more anger is being sewn.

I can shield you from the world as an infant, my dear, and hideaway my tears when I know of another explosion that shook the cities of Damascus or Beirut. I can deny that more people are dying when you ask me what’s on the news … but what happens when you grow up? Will you be another martyr in the hands of bloody murders?

 I don’t want to bring you up in a world where I have to tell you the difference between Christian, Muslim, Jew or Druze… I can’t lie and say they are your brothers and sisters, because family sticks together, not tear each other apart. How can I explain barbarism to you, how can I explain terrorism and assassinations and brutal murder? How can I explain that through God’s words, Christ’s sacrifice and teachings of prophets we have learnt nothing more than killing and separating and hating?

Forgive me if I don’t have the courage to raise you in world where a nightmare has become a bottomless reality, where we are victims of fundamentalist murders and ignorant masses...

This Arab Spring has turned into a desolate cold winter, my dear unborn… and I just don’t have the will power to wrap you in my arms and tell you, “I have brought you into a beautiful world”.

No comments:

The Cee

My photo
Writing is a vehicle of expression, not impression.