Saturday, October 30, 2010

Respect

A young lady asked me: “I have a fiancé that loves me, but he also loves all beautiful women. He devours them with his eyes, and he allows them to devour him with theirs, even in my presence. I love him dearly, but I cringe whenever he looks at another, even when he apologizes… I am not sure how much longer I can handle this… what should I do?”
I responded: “Leave him”

Another married woman asked me: “My husband is very kind and affectionate, but he gets angry very quickly and becomes unkind and harsh with is words and threatens to leave me… and this has become almost routine… what should I do?”
I responded: “Leave him”

A third asked me: “He loves me, but his parents don’t want us to be together, and he’s afraid of confronting them… but I love him… what should I do?”
I responded: “Leave him”

Each one of these men don’t deserve a woman who is faithful, pure and loves unconditionally, for one reason only… Because something more important than love and compassion is missing and that is RESPECT.

Lack of respect comes in various shapes and sizes: flirting with another woman or allowing her to flirt back is a sign of disrespect; threatening to leave the woman is a sign of disrespect; not defending and fighting for love is also a sign of disrespect.
When a man respects a woman that means he is giving her security and stability. And security is more important than love… much more important.

If a woman accepts it upon herself to live without her just respect, she will never reign a queen in an era where we still believe is subjugation.

If love is a gold ring, respect is a jeweled crown. If it’s gone, it disappears and along with it everything else, but if it comes, it will as a king… it comes with everything else.


Written by: Hani Nakshabandi (Saudi Writer)
Translated by: Celine Aswad

No comments:

The Cee

My photo
Writing is a vehicle of expression, not impression.