Monday, April 19, 2010

Red Flags and White Hearts

Red flags are warning signs that signal disaster.

A red flag situation could stare you right in the face waving at you like that man wearing a florescent vest waving his flag as he directs the aircraft where to park (I am sure he has an official title), but you are so blinded, or feel as notorious and powerful as Achilles, thinking that you can overcome all perils. But even he had a weak heel- the downfall of the Hero all from a weak heel.

I am no better than that Greek Hero. They could be waving me in the face, and yet I take a leap of faith (or fall into a death trap) thinking that I can overcome the difficulties, the challenges and the obstacles. But don’t hold your breath, because most of the time I come out slightly bruised, injured and shaken.

I blame my Achilles Heel -my niceness. It is my greatest pitfall and it is sometimes taken advantage of (and I didn’t figure that one out I was told it- go figure when your heart is white it's hard to see the darkness because you shine your light on all that is hidden between the shadows)I clearly recongized a weakness or a flaw so the smartest thing to do is to get rid of it, but my very weakness makes me who I am, the girl that everyone has come to know as Cece, Cico, Panin, Lino, Nino, C, Ceepee. I just trust that I won’t be taken advantage of, but then again there is another flaw, I trust too easy, or see the good in man before his vices (and by man I mean human kind not male).

I digress…

Point is I will continue to live my life bypassing red flags with a white heart, even though I look back in hindsight and think, “Why the hell did I not see that coming, all the signs pointed to disaster!”

2 comments:

RA said...

"I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something" - Crash

i think that suffices as a sum-up of how u and i approach life.

Celine said...

Love that quote and love that movie even more. Thanks for reminding me of it

The Cee

My photo
Writing is a vehicle of expression, not impression.