Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Wind Down Wednesday Night


I just spent the past hour, and the beginning of my weekend, listening to John Mayer's new album (before it's official release date- the anticipation was eating away at me I couldn't wait 6 more days) and what can I say, a man has never left me as breathless as he leaves me (without even meeting him). The album came in the nick of time, it's the perfect "theme song" of my life as it has unravelled in 2009.
If i could possibly verbalize my feelings about these songs, and describe them in one word (and even then I would not be doing them any justice) then here is what I would say about each:

Assassin- Phenomenal
Crossroads- Feel good song
Heartbreak Warfare- Heartfelt and Sincere
War of My Life- Lyrical genius
Edge of Desire- Sensational both lyrically and instrumentally
Who Says- Mellow and High ;)
All We Ever Do is Say Goodbye- WOW, just WOW
Friends, Lovers or Nothing- Too good to be true, yet too true and oh so good (Absolutely love the sudden freeze before the powerful ending!)
Perfectly Lonely- THE ANTHEM
Half of My Heart- but Complete in all aspects!
Do You Know Me- Back to basic acoustic roots, stripped of crazy layers and blues.

This was the perfect way to unwind after a long week, and just as John mentioned on his twitter:"The end of my experience is the beginning of yours" And my experience was indelible bliss.. Thanks for sharing your talent with the rest of us John.




No comments:

The Cee

My photo
Writing is a vehicle of expression, not impression.