Friday, September 25, 2009

Not Just a 4 Letter Word

If there is one word in this world that i can eliminate, it would probably be love, because this way instead of saying it I can show it, instead of depending on it I can recreate it, instead of using it as an excuse, I can use it as my ongoing reason to rediscover its unfathomable depths. Someone once told me that love is the easiest form of communication, but try to communicate it without actually just saying it...
Without the word love, our lives will have less definition, lines would be blurred, boundaries would be crossed and new territories trespassed... But through this new discovery to find meaning to a feeling you will feel alive, because "I love you" does not exist, you can't become complacent and depend on it, it depends on you to be expressed, you can't end your text message with it, or end a conversation saying it, you have to uncover to what extent "love" exists, how it eases your mind, warms your soul and makes you smile, how much it frustrates you, and exhausts you and what it robs you of.
When you eliminate love as a word you start understanding love as an expression; it's not just a five letter word, "I love you" is not three little words, it's a high, a low, it's beautiful, complicated, simple, determined and scary, it is intimate, it is all encompassing, it is fragile, it makes you whole, it makes you incomplete, it mends, it breaks, it ends... Love is transformative, so how can just a 4 letter word really pin down LOVE?

1 comment:

Hany Soliman said...

I really like this one, very interesting way of looking at it, i must agree. keep up the great work :)

The Cee

My photo
Writing is a vehicle of expression, not impression.